It is often the first point of contact for women and men when taking the first step towards acknowledging the impact of sexualised trauma on their lives. We have many volunteer roles available at JAAR to suite everyone and are always open to any help you may feel you can offer, your ideas are always welcome. Some ways of helping at JAAR are via helpline, fundraising, counselling etc. Volunteering provides:
- A supportive & challenging volunteering opportunity
- Further development/training
- High quality on-site group supervision
- Opportunities to develop both personally and professionally
What do we look for in a volunteer?
- You need to be 20 years or over
- You must be able to work within the policies & procedures of the service
- You must be reliable
- Be emotionally robust enough to work openly with issues of sexual violation
- Work well within a team
- Openness to learning and development
- Good listening skills
- Life skills/transferable skills
- Fluent in English (a second language will always be useful)
What may stop me being a volunteer?
- Existing clients are not able to volunteer, this allows individuals time for their own personal healing work to be done
- Ex-clients cannot volunteer for the help line until they have had a 5 year break from counselling. This allows time and space for personal healing work to develop although you can become a JAAR supporter and become involved in other areas for example fund raising, your help is always appreciated. Please do contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get involved.
- You will be required to complete a Data, Barring System test and sign a declaration stating that you have never perpetrated nor had an allegation against you in relation to sexual violence
How do I volunteer?
Please contact the JAAR office 01534 482 801 or email email@example.com